Saturday, February 11, 2023

iPhone 6Plus Died

We had a back up plan because it happened too many times before. My husband has my old iPhone 6Plus. Over the last couple of years it has acted up. It won’t charge, or the battery drains quickly, or it’s just unreliable. So we researched to see what we could do to mitigate the issue if and when it happened again. His number could be forwarded to my phone, if anyone called it would go directly to voice mail, and he would still get text messages. And we could always get a new battery. I got a new iPhone 14 pro max last year and my 8plus has been lying around idle. One of the reasons I got a new phone was for the camera, but also because then we would have his new replacement and not worry any more about his not working. I’ve been asking him to switch to my old phone but we never got around to it. So this morning we found out that his phone just died. It simply stopped charging and there was nothing we could do about it. He was worried because he hadn’t received any phone calls or text messages lately, but at least we knew they would be retrieved once we got his phone going again. But our plan remained the same. It was time to upgrade to my iPhone 8plus. So we walked down the street with his phone and my old phone and asked if they could switch the SIM card from his phone to my old phone. I wasn’t sure how to do it and wanted to make sure the account was updated and the phone actually worked. It didn’t take long - we know from past experience. Now we need to make sure his “new” phone looks more like his phone. There are a lot of apps and such that he doesn’t use. The one thing nice about this arrangement is now all of the photos he takes will be auto uploaded to all of the devices. We might just get the battery updated on his phone just to have an extra phone. If nothing else I need to see if there are any photos of consequence and it is another device to play solitaire. The funny thing was when we took our morning walk I got a notification that his device was left behind, but it was still in his pocket. I have some sleuthing to do. 








No comments:

Post a Comment