Friday, February 3, 2023

Mom Would Have Been 100 Today

Mom would have been 100 years old today! It’s really hard to believe. She passed away at 96 right before the pandemic arrived. The last trip we took was for her funeral. We haven’t gone anywhere since except to central Virginia to visit family. Of course I always remembered the date making sure something was sent every year along with a birthday greeting phone call. I was also reminded of her birthday today when a text arrived from my mom’s caregiver  - sending greetings to us and wishing mom a happy birthday in heaven. This wonderful woman lived with her family next door to my mom and dad. She not only helped to take care of my dad, but towards the end she and her husband moved in to the house and provided care around the clock for my mom. My mom eventually gave them the house and their family continues to live next door. And today in the mail a pack of old photographs arrived from a friend who lives in the Midwest. She and another friend came with me on a trip to Florida many years ago. We stayed or our house and they met my parents. We obviously went to Disney World and Busch Gardens. It was a lovely time. In those photos are pictures of my mom and dad. It’s so nice to be reminded of mom. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t think about her. Happy Birthday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment