Monday, February 27, 2023

52Frames Line From a Song Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “line from a song.” A few of my favorites came to mind immediately. The first was “I’m looking through you” by the Beatles. Another was “Here comes the sun” by the Beatles. And the last was “Time Carousel” by Arthur, Hurley and Gottlieb. Who were they? It was a group I heard while a student in college in the pub by the student union. There was just something about it that stuck with me. That one would be an image of the carousel on the National Mall. I’ve taken so many photos of that carousel and have never used one of them for the photo challenge. While we were in town we walked over to the US Botanic garden to see the orchid show. Next to the building is a park with a winding path with a stream and small pond nearby. I asked my husband to walk on the path. I took a photo of him walking away from me and then another image of the same scene without him. Later on I would merge the two images in to one and make him become transparent. Turning the photo in to black and white evened out the tones and it looked interesting. I tried that process with a couple of different backdrops. The last photos were taken in the neighborhood park as the sun was shining overhead. But rather then take a straight shot the panorama option was used to create a different landscape. In the end the transparent husband was selected. He liked the way it turned out and so did I. So the carousel will have to wait again. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment