Thursday, May 23, 2024

Reflection Photo Trending on 52Frames

I have been participating in the 52Frames weekly photo challenge for the last three years. And with each year I think my photography has improved. I was never a photographer but someone who always loved to take pictures. So I have learned a lot about new techniques and general principles. My camera is my iPhone so there are some limitations. I really love creating composite images which sort of combines photos with digital art using the procreate app. But in spite of only using an iPhone I have had five of my images selected as the best 52 of the week. Additionally I’ve had two selected on the instagram website. Recently one of my fellow framers told me that my photo was trending on the 52Frames website. I didn’t know what that meant. Apparently the website highlights images submitted for that week - but the criteria for selection aren’t known - number of likes? Number of comments? Anyway, since she told me about that I keep the website open and check it every day to see if any of my photos are showing. Since she told me there have been three in three weeks! The latest was of the image submitted this week about reflections. It seems the photos turnover about once a day so the three trending photos are refreshed. It’s just another way to have something showcased and I am really thrilled whenever it happens - especially when there are typically 2500-3000 entries. Lately I have been notifying fellow framers when their photo is trending as tbey may not know that happens either. Anyway, it’s a fun hobby and I have met people from all over the world. 










No comments:

Post a Comment