Friday, December 6, 2013

American Girl Dolls Get Shipped Twice

I always like to send my parent's neighbors twin girls a little something for Christmas. Since my mom is not able to drive anymore, the parents of the twins have been helping both she and my dad with a lot of things. They both depend on each other and it a relationship that is priceless - especially because we and my brother and sister live in DC. I am also a sucker for dolls. My first real doll was a Chatty Cathy, and I had Madame Alexander foreign land dolls that I received every Christmas. In Chicago and Tyson's, we have visited the American Girl shops, and I really like them. So, this year I decided to send the twins a long haired, brown eyed doll for each. When I was ordering them on line, I needed to go back and check the greeting card message, and did not realize that the address to send the item also needed to be updated. I did it right the first time, but didn't pay attention the second and it used the default address. I didn't pay attention to the email receipt either that clearly showed the delivery address as mine. So the package was delivered here yesterday and today we went to FedEx to mail it to the correct address. That only goes to show you that you shouldn't do things in a hurry, because you will definitely pay for it. This time, it was an additional $15.00 for shipping, aside from the original $26.00 for packaging and shipping. Luckily the FedEx place is just down the street from us, and it wasn't busy. Those little first graders better like them!!






No comments:

Post a Comment