Monday, April 30, 2018

A Visit to the Cardiologist

I had an abnormal EKG - again - and my husband had tachycardia and was in the emergency room a week ago. So I made a non emergency appointment for myself on Wednesday using ZocDoc, and my husband made a semi urgent appointment by phone for Monday. We left early enough to make our way to the CardioCare office located downtown and arrived a little early. From the beginning to the end of the visit, it was a very pleasant experience. We were immediately put in to a room - no waiting in the wait room. The office itself was very sterile - but in a welcoming and clean way. It would be better described as very sleek and modern. I then asked if it would be at all possible if I could be seen today rather than having to come back on Wednesday - fully prepared to be told “no” given the typical Washington response we get. But that was not the case. We each sat comfortably in the chairs adjoining the exam room and completed our information on line using an iPad of sorts. Dr. Sanai is everything my husband was when he practiced medicine - warm, light hearted, and extremely confident. He has a way about him that few people do.  And every word was transcribed on to the laptop during the interview. All I can say is we were extremely pleased with the total experience - including the staff that fitted my husband with a modern day halter monitor. We would highly recommend Dr. Sanai to anyone with a cardiac issue. It makes us feel good to know there are really nice and competent physicians in Washington. It felt like we were back in Milwaukee with our close friends and colleagues. Aside from the typically annoying downtown garage parking, it couldn’t have been any better. 














No comments:

Post a Comment