Wednesday, April 18, 2018

LoisTavaf.com or LITDigitalArt and Such using Wordpress

It’s been over five years since I set up a website for LIT DigitalArt and Such on Wordpress. Back then, I used a desktop computer and had the help of a colleague at work. I took a lot of notes and I remember there was a lot of “code” - it wasn’t user friendly. A lot has changed in those five years. Now there is a Wordpress app, and the site itself has become so much easier to navigate. But before I started to make any changes I double checked with the contacts at Wordpress. They assured me I wouldn’t mess anything up when I started to make changes. I began with the front page and found it much easier as I went along. There are seven tabs on the top - home, about, gallery, from photo to painting - the same as home, shop, let’s talk, and custom portrait. What I really liked the most was to link everything I have on a variety of internet sites to the shop tab. So my Redbubble, Pixels/Fine Art America, Zazzle, Amazon books, Merch by Amazon T-shirts, and Etsy shops are all in one place. And the about page links all the other stuff - Pinterest, my daily blog, Facebook business page, instagram, tumblr, you tube, and LinkedIn. Twitter was already set up on the stationary right column. It took quite awhile to get the whole thing refreshed, and then I tested all the links before I was comfortable sending the site link out on social media. I finally included it on my LinkedIn page to share as an update and have 166 views so far with a few likes. I’m really glad I enjoy doing this kind of stuff because it can be very time consuming. Now my email signature includes only one link - instead of many - to everything I have connected to my digital art. Now I have to work on getting it seen! I can use the Wordpress app to track my progress on the stats page. And maybe every once in awhile I’ll add a note on the blog. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment