Saturday, March 28, 2020

Celebrating a Birthday

We don’t usually make a big deal about birthdays. My husband prefers to treat each day like it is special. I agree, but sometimes you just want to celebrate a bit more. We moved in to our new condo in northern Virginia almost one year ago from Capitol Hill. So this past week was the first time my husband had a birthday on our new home. But due to the circumstances we live in today, plus being in the over 65 “at risk” age group, we haven’t left the house in about three weeks. So we didn’t go out to lunch, or dinner, or anything else. Luckily for us, being retired  hasn’t changed our lives quite so much. And for that we are very thankful. And being health care career people, we are so grateful to our colleagues and friends working every day - including our son on the front lines. So to add a bit of levity I found a couple of happy birthday recordings and played them for my husband. After dinner I loaded his favorite cookies on a plate and added a candle. It was a good a day as any other. And we are just plain thankful for what we have. 






No comments:

Post a Comment