Monday, March 2, 2020

Retirement Anniversary

It’s been four years since I officially retired from the Library of Congress and permanently from working life. It was actually on February third, but a lot was happening around that time. It was also my mom’s 97th birthday, and I had a feeling that it would be her last. I had a feeling in December that it was the last time I would see her. After a bad fall in January, she never really came back so it was just a matter of time. She was born in February and passed away in February. Maybe I picked that retirement date so I would remember it. It’s hard to believe that it’s been four years already. And I don’t miss it one bit. It still feels weird that mom isn’t around anymore as she was a big part of my life. I just keep thinking that everyone else goes through the same thing. Anyway, as life goes on the milestones and landmarks are changing. This year started off on a different note than all others before it. It’s a good time to reflect on the things of yesterday and hope for happy tomorrows. Getting back to a routine will help and I’m looking forward to it. 












No comments:

Post a Comment