Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Reston Surgery Center Thank You Card

Both my husband and I were health care professionals. He was a general/vascular surgeon and I was a registered nurse/admin nursing professional at the corporate office. Both of us have seen a lot of changes in how health care is provided since we retired from it. He stopped practicing twenty years ago; I stopped fourteen years ago but worked another ten years at the Library of Congress. My husband has never had surgery before and had cataract surgery last week. He will be going again next week for the other eye. We went to the Reston Surgery Center because we switched eye doctors having recently moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill. It was so much better than trying to navigate through Washington Hospital Center. The procedure took place in an ambulatory setting filled with not only operating rooms but physician offices. It was very straight forward particularly since everything was completed on line beforehand. Each caregiver was really nice - from registration, to pre op, to surgery, to post op. Today in the mail we received a thank you card from Reston Surgery Center. All the staff who cared for my husband signed the card. Getting a thank you card for having surgery at an outpatient facility is something we never received before. Health care has become quite the business. Now I need to figure out the bills that go along with it. We already overpaid the lab charges. I’m just glad we can figure it out. But it’s still very confusing. I wonder if we will get another card after the next one?










No comments:

Post a Comment