Friday, March 13, 2020

iPad Hell

I was one of the first people to jump on the iPad bandwagon. I still have my original iPad, two more after that, and an iPad Pro. I use them for my digital art work. My husband has an iPad mini and when my mom passed away last month, I kept the iPad we got her that she was using for the last few years, but left behind her original one. My husband’s mini has “ghost screen” now which essentially makes it impossible to use. It needs a new screen. I updated my mom’s iPad to the newest operating system and since I did that it doesn’t work - it’s stuck on the Apple logo, or loses battery power. No hard rebooting in the world is brining it back. I can’t log on long enough to connect it to iTunes to try and update it again. And of course the same thing happened to my last iPad - updated it to the latest 13 operating system and it’s acting just like the other one. Apple help desk finally said they need to be seen by a technician. But that’s the last thing I’m going to do given both my husband and are are at the “at rusk” group for the virus. So that leaves us with my iPad Pro - which I never put down, and my second old iPad. I was able to get the old iPad powered up. My husband really needs a device to read the New Yorker and the New York Review of Books. It’s too hard to read on the iPhone - which would be the last resort. I was able to get one app going, but couldn’t even get to the App Store to download the other. So I thought maybe he could use my laptop. It’s pretty clunky to use. I could get the New Yorker.com, but it wasn’t working right - he said it wasn’t letting him read the magazine. Talk about frustrating. So I went back to the old iPad and tried - again - to get the app from the App Store. Finally!!!!! I could get the app and download the latest issue. I just hope it works because it’s so old and slow. If worse comes to worse I could let him use my iPad Pro. It is ridiculous to have so many devices and three of them are out of commission. What’s with the 13+ operating system anyway? This never happened before to either of us. What’s the big deal now?










 

No comments:

Post a Comment