Sunday, March 15, 2020

Happy Anniversary

We forgot all about it. Early this morning at 1 AM we made a quick trip to the grocery store so we could avoid large groups. After all we are in the high risk group. The store was empty for the most part, but so were the shelves. It’s been that way for a while. Forget about paper products and any sort of soap. We decided shower gel in a pump would do for general hand cleaning, but ingredients for hand sanitizer have disappeared as much as the hand sanitizer or anything with alcohol. This morning we woke up to a happy anniversary text from my high school friend. I couldn’t even remember the date, and I’m not sure how anyone else would. Then another anniversary greeting came from our long time friends and next door neighbors from Wisconsin. It was such a pleasant reminder that things need to carry on as much as possible during this weird time. It has a lot to do with one’s personality. It’s not helpful for people like me that have a tendency to worry about everything. My husband is very good about pulling me off the ceiling and has a more happy go lucky approach to life. As I’m writing a few hints of sunshine appear. That always puts me in a better frame of mind. Thanks so much for remembering our anniversary. It’s nice to know so many wonderful people. We’ve actually been together for 43 years, but married just for 25. That’s quite a milestone! 






1 comment:

  1. Awe. Glad I remembered.... even if you didn’tšŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete