Tuesday, July 6, 2021

52Frames_blackandwhite Photo Challenge

It was too late to change it. Yesterday I tried to exchange the photo I uploaded for another one, but the deadline had passed. Last week we drove to the national mall to take photos for the the 52Frames photo challenge. The subject was black and white so that meant I needed to walk about with my iPhone set on mono. It was a bit unpleasant because I don’t care for black and white photos. I much prefer color. So we walked through the Hirshhorn sculpture garden and I spent some time with my favorite sculpture - “King and Queen.” I’ve taken a lot of photos of this piece over the years in all seasons at at all angles. It seemed like an impressive shot. Since it was extraordinarily hot and humid, we then sat in front of the Smithsonian Castle. I aligned the Smithson Statue with the Smithsonian Museum behind it. All of a sudden a runner came through and I kept my finger on the shutter getting a burst of several images. One of them was even better aligned with the runner floating on air. My husband loved this picture, but I was hesitant to use it, thinking the contrast of the sculpture met the challenge more. When I finally decided the runner was in fact a better photo overall - even though it wasn’t technically the best - it was too late. Another indicator was more likes and impressions for the runner on Instagram. The holiday threw me off. I thought Monday was Sunday. The sculpture actually is kind of ugly. Oh well.  I looked at the images so much that I was dreaming in black and white. I’ll never get any accolades for my attempts since I’m really not a photographer. But it’s a great reason to get out of the house. This week is transportation, and we have something very interesting in mind for that one and it’s in color. 








































No comments:

Post a Comment