Sunday, July 25, 2021

Optase Eye Products for Dry Eyes

Ever since I started taking latanoprost eye drops for ocular hypertension, my eyes are very dry. Add to that all day iPad reading and painting and it does take a toll. So I’ve been using regular eye drops three times per day. There were at least three instances in the winter where I woke up at night and it felt like a knife was in my eye after having difficulty even opening it. So I poured eye drops in to it fir relief. It took a few days to get back to normal. I had a corneal scratch one time from contact lenses and it felt like that. So the eye doctor prescribed using Optase products. One is an eye mask that warms in the microwave and is worn for ten minutes. The next is a gel to massage your eye lid. Then there are the eye drops that are more intense from the other routine eye drops for dry eyes. This regimen seems to offer some relief - but it’s summer and more humid rather than dry in winter. So when I was reordering some of the products I noticed a spray and thought I would give it a try. The first squirts seemed to do the trick. So I tried it again before bed. I woke up with severe pain in my right eye. I don’t know if it was coincidental, but I’m very hesitant to use the spray again. But why only one eye? Now I also have a cream that is used for these times when my cornea feels abused - again. My eye still bothers me today and it can be very frustrating. My vision gets blurred because it’s just so dry. Now my daily routine is eye drops when I wake up, hot pack and eyelid massage and more drops after a shower, after dinner, prescription drops at night, and more eye drops before bedtime. Getting old is a pain. Yes, it could be worse but this is just one thing to be concerned about. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment