Monday, July 26, 2021

52Frames_Distorted Photo Challenge

As usual, my husband and I never agree on the photo that should be submitted for the 52Frames weekly challenge. Last week the subject was “distorted.” We drove in to DC without anything specific in mind. We parked on the mall and walked a bit trying to think of options. Then I remembered that the National Gallery of Art was now open without timed passes. So we walked over and got right in as it opened for the day. The place was empty and we were the only ones walking about for quite some time - even on the roof with the big blue chicken sculpture. I took a lot of photos of a lot of everything - but some were taken for this blog and not for the challenge. When we moved from the east to the west side the galleries were beginning to get filled with visitors, but the rooms remained “stark.” We love the tunnel and the overhead waterfall that connects the two buildings. We used to routinely come to the gallery when we lived on Capitol Hill and stayed for lunch before returning home. In the end my husband liked the distorted Capitol building; but I selected a blue and gold tinted gallery room with a few people floating by using a slow shutter and then popping it in to the camera+ app to make it crisp. This was the image that got the most attention on Instagram. Having been at this hobby now since October I believe my photos have improved and I need to learn new terms and concepts since my iPhone is my camera and there is only so much it can do. This week will be even more interesting. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment