Thursday, July 22, 2021

Marriott and Instagram

It’s not the first time that it has happened. I have an Instagram account that I use daily to showcase not only my digitalart, but also five photos of whatever images I take during the day. I started this habit specifically for this blog because it’s more of a photo blog to enhance the daily subject matter. And since I started taking photos for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge about nine months ago, I have even more specific photos that are taken to meet whatever the subject is - and that takes us to different places depending on the topic. This week we went to the National Gallery of Art for “distorted” ideas. A couple of weeks ago we were at the US Botanic Garden in our old Capitol Hill neighborhood. It’s one of my favorite places. I took a random shot of Bartholdi Fountain with the garden structure in the background. Yesterday a comment was made on Instagram from Marriott - requesting to use the photo for advertising in DC. I needed to reply “yes” in the response if I accepted. It’s always nice to get noticed and this is the second Marriott request. I’ve never really checked to see how or if the images are ever used. After all, there are literally millions of photos out there. It’s funny when one of mine gets noticed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment