Tuesday, July 13, 2021

52Frames_transportation Photo Challenge

One of my friends asked if we could take a photo of her father’s memorial brick at the new Army Museum that just opened out at Fort Belvoir. It was a great excuse to make the visit - which is the first museum excursion we have planned in a very long time. We had to get timed tickets beforehand and we were ready to go last week. Since the 52Frames photo challenge subject was transportation, it would be a great place to find something appropriate there. Aside from that, I like medical and nursing history, and our son is a retired army colonel who was deployed three times as a cardiovascular surgeon - so we have a personal connection. We were surrounded by mules, humvees, jeeps, Normandy landing craft, Sherman and Bradley tanks. But what caught our attention were the tiny dioramas that showed revolutionary war horses transporting cannon on sleds, medical field hospitals and helicopters. When it got down to selecting my favorite photo to submit, I really liked the Sherman tank. This image got more impressions than any others that I have posted on Instagram. But my husband preferred the winter scene and the horses pulling the cannon. In the end, the horses were selected. There never seems to be a clear choice for the best image every week. My husband and I have very different opinions about photography. As for the brick? We asked at the desk and checked the registry again. My friend’s dad’s brick hasn’t been placed yet along the sidewalk. But we would be happy to revisit whenever it is. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment