Monday, July 19, 2021

52Frames_productphotography

The 52Frames photo challenge this week called for “product photography.” It was more or less a no brainer because I have had to take all sorts of photos for my digital art website. A lot of them are screen shots of the custom pet portrait and other images I hand painted using my iPad as the canvas and the stylus as my brush. But a few of them were of the free advertising wall space in a pooch day care that I could hang my portraits. To do that I needed to print, and glue the 8x10’s on foam board, then stick them to the wall using Velcro and sticky bond material. The walls were very blue and green, so the backdrop was not exactly conducive to great photos. But I did my best, added my business cards, my background, and samples of the process from start to finish. Along with my personal website I have a Pixels/Fine Art America website, an Etsy shop, an Amazon Merch shop, a Redbubble and Zazzle shop, along with a Facebook Business page, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. I also mention my work on this blog once in a while. It’s almost a full time job! So this week a photo from the pooch day care wall was selected. It’s not exactly an exciting image, but it does show my work close up, and the variety of portraits that were created - furry and feathered friends alike, in an interesting lighted area. I’ve been painting pet portraits for almost ten years. This is a lovely way to display them. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment