Tuesday, December 14, 2021

52Frames Black and White Minimalism

The challenge for this week’s 52Frames photo challenge was black and white minimalism. I wasn’t impressed with the subject because I have taken black and white photos over the last two weeks. I’m not particularly a fan of black and white in general. So I found a tennis court and basket ball court option in the park on our morning walk. And then I experimented with a few ideas at home - a tiny stuffed borzoi dog, salt and pepper shakers, vases, candle sticks, and a glass figurine - using what little sunlight and shadows existed. I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the results except for one of the figurines. So we took a ride to Old Town Alexandria to see if anything else might work. We parked by the Potomac River waterfront and walked along the water. There were a few bird and pigeon options as well as the typical docks and shadow images. When I edited a few of the photos it turned out I didn’t like any of them. It’s not unusual to take photos that would have ended up as better options for the prior week or the following week challenges. The glass figurine was the image both my husband and I thought was the best. I don’t think it will be noticed, but that’s not really the purpose of the weekly challenges. The idea is to participate every week for your own sanity. And for that, it works every time. A great photo is just a side benefit. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment