Monday, December 20, 2021

52Frames In the Middle Photo Challenge

This week’s 52Frames photo challenge subject was “in the middle.” So we thought that going in to town would be the best option to get some decent images. We parked on the mall and started at the National Gallery of Art. The building just opened and it was fairly empty, so I had an opportunity to get several wide angle views of fountains, corridors and galleries. Then we headed out toward the Capitol to see the decorated Christmas tree that came all the way from California. The US Botanic Garden was next and we visited the trains that were in display outside. The morning walk continued past the American Indian museum, the air and space museum, and in to the Smithsonian Castle. Then we walked over to the sculpture garden and the skating rink across from the archives. There were actually a few good photos. While I was editing them another option stared me in the face. There was my husband, in the middle of the day, in the middle of the room, in the middle of the recliner, with a pillow in the middle. He takes a nap every day and this was the best inspiration for the challenge. While he was asleep I stood up on the ottoman so I could look down on the scene below and try to get a reasonable shot. Even though it probably isn’t the best image around, the idea - to me - was wonderful. I don’t think he was too impressed with the final outcome, but I posted the photo anyway. Usually he is a good sport. But I’m not so sure this time. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment