Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Got Free Fax

It used to be you needed a fax machine and a hardwire phone connection. It was always a pain when you needed to send a FAX. We used to have a combination printer, scanner and Fax machine. But that is long gone. Now I rarely need to fax anything - except lately when medical documents are required. I also like the fact that now I can create a pdf file using my iPhone. Since we don’t have laptops anymore some functions can be tricky to accomplish with iPads and iPhones. There are probably a lot of other things out there that I just don’t know about. That was the advantage of working - you had to keep up with the latest. Now, I learn about them when the need arises - which is what happened a month or so ago and again this week. We needed to send a document to a doctor’s office and it needed to be faxed. So I searched apps, but most of them require a subscription. So I searched on line and came across got free fax.com. It looked reasonable, and it was free. But before I used it I checked out the reviews and they were all favorable. Since I only needed to send less than three pages that include one page for a cover sheet I decided it would be worth the try. After filling in the information and then attaching the file it was easy to send. After confirming the email and checking the link, the progress of the transaction is noted. Then a success email is sent when the transaction is complete. We needed to send another fax this week and I hoped I could remember the name of the outfit I had just used. I found it again and competed the same steps. It also worked out well. There probably are other options out there. But for something that we use rarely and having a free option works for us. 








No comments:

Post a Comment