Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Dyson Humidifier Water Pump Repair

It gets pretty dry in the house during winter. I’m surprised we don’t have an April Air type gadget on our HVAC system. In order to combat the effects of the dry air that wreaks havoc on the interior but also is not healthy, we got a Dyson humidifier/air purifier last January. Dyson has a great marketing campaign and we fell for it. We have a vacuum cleaner, light, and this device. It wasn’t cheap either. I routinely carry out the deep cleaning instructions and care for the equipment as directed. But the humidifier stopped working after we heard a very weird sound and just after I did a deep clean. The device can be controlled manually and also on the app. The app was showing that the water pump had a problem and I could no longer control the humidity. I had several email and text conversations with Dyson. They were going to send me a water pump, but then sent another message that I should take the device to the Dyson repair center in Fairfax. Luckily we have a service center in our area. So yesterday we drove over - about five miles away - and the place had a line of people waiting. There was one technician there. We filled out a card and waited our turn. I had the warranty info and photo of the water pump failure from the app ready. The tech took the machine and evaluated the problem, switched out the water pump, and that was it. He was surprised there was a problem given the machine wasn’t even a year old. But the experience was completely hassle free and I can say that it is back to working condition. I’m glad we have a Dyson service center in the area. They actually send out emails occasionally to remind you to bring your equipment in for health checks. Not a bad deal all in all. I would rate the experience as excellent. I also read on the internet that the problem we had was not unusual - so much so that several people just were given new devices without any argument. Great service? It is for us. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment