Monday, December 6, 2021

52Frames Common Object

This weeks 52Frames photo challenge was a lot less complicated than usual. I had a particular item in mind and didn’t feel like doing anything else. Usually I take many photos of a variety of things that meet the subject matter and my husband and I usually disagree on which one looks best. Since the last challenge took a lot of time and energy, I wanted to keep this one simple. Aside from that I am working on a couple of pet portraits for returning customers. That can take up a lot of time that I would otherwise have free. The subject was “common object” - something around the house that garnered my attention and could be easily overlooked. We have several sets of tea cups in the house and the tea cup holders that my husband brought to the US from Iran over fifty years ago are interesting. He is a big tea drinker and these tea cups were worth the attention. I took several shots but the first one was the best choice. Prior to taking those photos I took a couple of others - the pill drawer, a swing set, and a glass recycle bin. But I thought the cups were more in line with the definition of something that was more meaningful. We don’t actually use these cups, but they sit prominently in the living room on a tray. We prefer the double clear glass bodum cups that are larger and more practical. Now on to this weeks challenge - black and white. I’ve been doing a lot of that lately. 













No comments:

Post a Comment