Monday, August 22, 2022

52Frames Water Photo Challenge

Water was the subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week. The water droplets on the leaves and the sidewalk and the water views in the neighborhood park were interesting. Then we took a ride to the Tidal Basin and walked along the WWII memorial and Lincoln memorial waterworks. We stopped by the renovated Korean War Memorial and then by the Constitution Gardens pond. It was a beautiful day for clouds and blue sky reflections. I had picked out a few favorites. In spite of that we took another ride to Roosevelt Island for a morning walk the next day. There were plenty of opportunities there as well - bridges, kayakers, and the Potomac River from several angles. But what caught my eye was an old water fountain that was situated along the trail. I don’t think I would drink from it. In fact it took several tries to even get it going. I can’t say it’s the best photo I’ve ever taken but it was a lot different than all the other ones taken earlier in the week. I’m sure it won’t win a prize or be recognized as a great entry. But sometimes I like to submit an image that looks like one of a kind - rather than the same ideas many others might have like ponds and rivers. If nothing else the photo challenges give us a reason to get out of the house. That’s the best part of it. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment