Friday, August 5, 2022

Library of Congress Work Anniversary

It would have been sixteen years this month. I worked at the Library of  Congress for ten years. Never in a million years would I have guessed that was where I would end up - especially since I was trained as an RN at Florida State University and went on for a masters degree at Marquette. What would that education have anything to do with the library of Congress? My health care career path took me to management, operation efficiency and productivity and that’s what the infrastructure support services was looking for - a particular skill set. I took a huge pay cut but the idea was to leave the Midwest and live down the street from our family and grandson. We also bought a tiny condo - before I got the job - and that eventually became our home. You could say we gave up a lot but we also gained a lot as any big move like that goes. We went to a program at the Library this week and it reminded me of the wonderful place it was and is. It was the first time in over three years that we actually registered to attend an event and it was wonderful. Just the idea of getting back to “normal” felt so good. We no longer live on Capitol Hill but we go in to town at least once a week. I much prefer going to the library as a retiree, but am glad I had the opportunity to work there. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment