Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Effects of Birth Order on Personality

I kept two papers that I wrote in college. I’m not really sure why. Upon looking at them it’s hard to believe that I researched and actually wrote them, but also had to type them. One of the subjects was a biology lab paper about circadian rhythm. Me and my lab partner stayed up for a 24 hour period to check the chromatophores on fiddler crabs - with and without eyes stocks. What a cruel thing that was. But it was even more cruel to have to stand up in front of the class and esteemed professor and present the findings. The other one was a psychology paper on a subject that I think I chose myself - the effect of birth order on personality. My assumptions were that first borns would have higher grade point averages and hang out by the biology building and the later borns would have lower grade point averages and hang out by the business building. The bibliography was quite extensive and the footnotes many! I do remember spending a lot of time in the library. Both biology and psychology were prelim required classes for a baccalaureate nursing degree. It was almost fifty years ago! I still am in contact with my biology professor. He was a wonderful mentor and helped me through some high and low times. I even had a summer job washing test tubes in the biology unit building thanks to him. I’m not sure if these papers prepared me for my nursing career. But I guess it’s the process of living through the college years and the people you meet that help you become the person you are. And for that I will be forever grateful. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment