Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Our Tuesday Dinner

It’s far from glamorous. Every Tuesday we go grocery shopping. And every Tuesday we have developed a habit of getting the same meal for dinner - something simple that requires little effort. We usually cook at home and once a week we order pick up from one of our favorite places. For whatever reason we developed the habit of having a sandwich, soup - usually tomato, salad, and of course potato chips. I absolute love tuna, but my husband doesn’t. So I usually get a tuna sandwich and he usually gets an Italian sub. Yesterday it was disappointing that tuna wasn’t available so we decided to split a large sub. I could have gotten tuna at the deli but the idea is to get something that is always made because I’m just too lazy - on Tuesday. It’s certainly not the healthiest meal, but once a week we go off the rails. Having had high blood pressure most of my life I never add salt to my diet. So on these rare occasions it just tastes so good. I’m not sure how long we will keep this fad going. We have a habit of starting something and then stopping all of a sudden. For the interim we need to cut up the sandwich because of dental implant issues. I wonder what the next trend will be? 












No comments:

Post a Comment