Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Thanks Jenny!

I’ve had an Etsy shop for ten years. I paint custom pet portraits of dogs, cats, and other critters. It’s always nice when I receive a request from a return customer. That happened with Jenny a couple of weeks ago. She has contacted me four times before for friends who have lost their pets. But this time was different. She lost her pooch recently and wanted a portrait of her pet. In the painting she wanted the stuffed duck that was the favorite toy as well as the name on the tag. So we did the usual process - prelim sketch, updates, and several background options. The most time is spent setting the scene, using favorite photos. Yesterday Jenny left feedback on my Etsy site. And it was extraordinarily kind. I know how difficult it is to lose one of your best friends and it means a lot to get such positive reviews. Jenny has left kind words after every portrait. But this time it was even more special. 










No comments:

Post a Comment