Sunday, August 7, 2022

Amazon Refund

It all started in December 2021. We ordered a water filter for the refrigerator on Amazon from a company called Depth Falo. We have ordered many filters on Amazon over the last three years. One of them did not fit and we were given a refund immediately. We always keep a back up filter on hand so we have it when we need it. So we don’t use it right away. Sometimes it takes several months until it needs changing. So when it was time to change it this time, the new filter simply did not fit in to the slot. Upon closer inspection, the new filter was slightly larger and slightly different. So we contacted the third party seller. They said we missed the three month window and would not refund the product. I told them it was defective. They didn’t care. So I contacted Amazon to report the vendor and the defective product. They guaranteed the vendor would address it because they would be contacting them instead of me. Well, I got the same stupid message that it didn’t meet the timeline. So I contacted Amazon again. They said they would contact the vendor again - and I told them I had already gone through this step already. But they insisted the vendor would respond. The vendor did respond - with the same stupid answer. So I contacted Amazon again and they said they couldn’t do anything about a third party vendor. I then asked to talk to a supervisor. I was not happy with the vendor, the product, and now Amazon because I was told twice that I would get a refund. She then offered a “goodwill” refund and charged it against another item that I just purchased that had nothing to do with the third party vendor or the filter. At that time I didn’t care. But the refund didn’t show up on the bank account credit card. So I called again to make sure the transaction occurred because it had been two weeks. I was given the transaction number so I could follow up with the bank. They said that the refund did hit and I should see it on the next statement because it was in between months. Finally I could see the transaction on line after all the time spent tracking it down. Lesson learned: Do NOT use the vendor Depth Falo and only order from the vendor who actually makes the refrigerator filters. I won’t use Amazon again for this purchase. 










No comments:

Post a Comment