Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Monday, August 5, 2024
52Frames Distortion Weekly Photo Challenge
We haven’t been able to take morning walks lately because of my foot pain. I thought perhaps not walking for at least a week might help things. I’m not sure that is the case. It does put a crimp in my style as far as getting photos for the weekly challenge. It is also very frustrating and demoralizing because it seems like it will never heal I. Spite of the exercises for it, icing it, wearing new walking shoes, and wearing night and day splints. The subject this week was “distortion.” Rather than walk along the Old Town Alexandria waterfront we basically walked to a shaded bench and sat there for a while before going to breakfast at one of our favorite places. I held my iPhone in the same position and took photos of all the passersby - and there were many - running, walking, riding bikes along the path by the Potomac River. So a composite photo was created using three of the original images and a fourth layer was added of the completed image to create even more distortion. Later in the week we drove over to Glen Echo Park where there is a one hundred plus year old carousel. I thought the photo of it was quite nice using a long exposure, but my husband hates carousels so that one was ruled out. So I haven’t been happy with my entries lately but I still enjoy the editing process. At least it gives me something else to think about.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment