Saturday, August 10, 2024

After the Storm Night Sky

Our balcony faces west. We wanted to face in this direction because I love dusk and sunsets. We haven’t been able to sit out on the balcony as much this summer because it has been too hot and stormy. And that was the case over the last couple of days as the hurricane Debby remnants passed through our part of the country. And as is typically the case after snowstorms and rainstorms, the sky seems to always change dramatically from the horrible to the beautiful. And I feel such a great sense of relief when it’s over. I’m not one for storms and hurricanes and tornadoes and lightning and thunder. So I am always happy when these weather events pass by quickly. Last evening was another case of the calm after the storm. My view from the couch shows the sky as it changes from dusk to dark. And oftentimes I take photos of the sky. My husband doesn’t understand what’s so remarkable about it. In fact when we were in France one summer our hosts were stupified that he had no interest at all in looking at the Milky Way. There is something magical and calming for me at this time of the day. 










No comments:

Post a Comment