Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Losing a Classmate - A Tribute to Rowena

I didn’t know her very well. I think she sat either in front of or behind me in high school home room. With Facebook and LinkedIn a lot of people reconnected with classmates of old. So Rowena was on Facebook and her presence was known. There were daily if not more entries made by her. You always knew what she was thinking about and was a kind soul. Then last year she experienced a medical issue and never recovered. But she remained so upbeat throughout all of the setbacks. It was disconcerting to know that she was in so much discomfort. And when the Facebook entries stopped and were taken over by her best friends sharing updates, it was obvious that something had happened. Finally the obituary arrived and there was a celebration of her life this month. Rowena touched the lives of so many people. I miss her Facebook updates. Rest in peace Rowena. 




No comments:

Post a Comment