Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Wednesday, August 7, 2024
Finally! A Doctor Visit With Good News!
Since late last year we have been seeing too many doctors. It started with a GI doctor, then a cardiologist, then a urologist, then a general visit, then physical medicine, dental, then an ENT - and those were just for my husband. And after all of them there were more tests, new prescriptions with awful side effects, and more follow ups. It seemed like we were making weekly trips to the outpatient center. Luckily things were tolerable and nothing horrible ensued. But it really puts things in to perspective and limits our lifestyle - especially since the pandemic. And for two months I have been dealing with plantar fasciitis which has been a very slow going process. That means no more morning walks for a while, ice packs, foot exercises, splints and new walking shoes. Between my husband’s dizzy spells caused by medications and my foot hurting it’s been a real drag. Yesterday both my husband and I had our routine six month eye appointments. Last year at this time I had cataract surgery in July on one eye and the other was done in August. I was keeping my fingers crossed that nothing more would surface this time around. We both have glaucoma that is controlled with eye drops and I have some weird retinal thing. The visual field test is at least less bothersome with the new virtual field test equipment. And for the first time that test was a winner. I had the best results in five years and my eye pressures were good. So both my husband and I were able to leave the office without a worry and no need for any more follow ups - except to make appointments in six months. It was wonderful feeling!



Labels:
doctor,
doctor visit,
Eye doctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment