Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Monday, August 26, 2024
52Frames Rule of Odds Photo Challenge
The subject this week for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge was “rule of odds.” That means things in odd numbers. My first thought was to visit the National Gallery of Art. We hadn’t been there for a while and so that was the plan. We started off in the sculpture section, then moved about rather aimlessly hoping to come upon something of merit. I absolutely love Monet and that is where the photo that was submitted was found. There were three Monet paintings, three cushions, three couch legs, and a father and two daughters. The most striking part were the girls. While dad was captivated by the painting, the girls were having a wonderful time and I caught them in the act of swirling and spinning. So it was titled “Dancing with Monet.” The only problem was that there was an interloper sitting on the couch and I needed to edit him out by using clone and painting him over. I also put together two composite images - one of my husband going down the stairs and a second of some guy standing beneath a painting that was triplicated. A few other options were taken in the east gallery main hall. I’m usually not satisfied if I don’t submit a composite but the expression, vibe, and color from the uplifting scene in the Monet exhibit could not be resisted.










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment