Observations, pictures, and sketches highlight the transition of moving to the nations's Capitol after 30 years of living in the Midwest. A clash in cultures? Maybe not!
Friday, August 30, 2024
52Frames Rule of Odds Photo Trending
The subject for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge was “rule of odds.” That means getting items in groups of 3, 5, etc. We found the perfect subject in the National Gallery of Art. Sometimes all you need to do is stay in one spot and something interesting might turn up. We stood a while in the Monet gallery when a father and his two daughters arrived. And, there were three Monet paintings, three seat cushions on the couch, three legs on the couch, and three people. I always look to see if my photo trends on the 52Frames website and I haven’t been disappointed since April when a fellow framer told me about it. This time the photo started to trend on the first evening that the album opened, and stayed on through the next early afternoon. I got a lot of compliments on this image, but it wasn’t enough to garner a spot on the top 52 this week. I was a bit disappointed because my photo was also critiqued and got two thumbs up. I’m not sure what the criteria is for trending, but I think it must have something to do with the number of “likes.” I’ve spent the last three years building up a base of friends from around the world. In the end it’s all about having a hobby and spending time doing something you enjoy. But it’s also nice to get noticed!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment