Sunday, May 5, 2019

BesTrix Universal CD Slot Smartphone Car Mount

We used to have a phone holder in the car, but it didn’t support the larger iPhone plus sizes. The device simply hooked to the air vents on the dash. Every once in awhile it’s nice to have the option to mount the phone to the dash rather than hold it. So I did a little research and found BesTrix. The piece was easy to assemble, and was simple enough to install directly in to the CD slot. You can adjust it up and down, left and right, horizontal or vertical. In the vertical position it does cover the navigation map, but that navigation system is quite useless - which is why we continue to use google maps. So I tested my phone on it the other day. My phone has a bandolier case on it and the device was able to hold the phone for the duration. It has a little clip on the end of it to support the additional weight, and also two clips on the sides that can also be adjusted. I also tried my husband’s phone that has a case on it as well and it also was supported for the duration. I still can’t figure out how to make his phone “talk” because the car hijacks his phone innerds. It doesn’t help very much when the map works but you don’t hear the directions. I like to use my phone during the ride for all sorts of things - especially for photos. So, given the short time we used the BesTrix it seems like it should work okay. Only time will tell. Now I need to do some research on making his phone talk. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment