Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Monster Mirror

My husband hates it. I love it. The 45x55 metal framed beveled mirror we got from Pottery Barn when we first moved to DC thirteen years ago has a home in our new Virginia condo. I liked it because it made our tiny Capitol Hill condo seem bigger and it went with other metal pieces we had. My husband hoped we would have left it in DC. I knew it would look wonderful in one of the rooms. It started out in the den, but it seemed like such a pity to have it in a room that is never used. We had our paintings hung last week, but there was something missing in the kitchen and the dining room. My husband wasn’t convinced. So I photoshopped the mirror on the wall to give him an idea how it would look. He wasn’t buying it. Then I put some painters tape up so he could see how well it occupied the space. He still wasn’t buying it. So when our handymen people came out today to hang the chandelier I asked if they wouldn’t mind moving the really heavy monster mirror from the den to the dining room - just so my husband could actually see it in the space. He finally, but reluctantly, agreed. It took forever to get it done the right way and it’s a long story. After a trip to the hardware store and some 4x4’s they got it to work. It brightens up the room and goes really well with the furniture. The new house is starting to feel more like a home and the monster mirror helps. Now, do we need a rug?













No comments:

Post a Comment