Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Senior Smart Trip Card

Sooner or later it had to be done. When we moved from Capitol Hill to Virginia almost two months ago I promised my husband we would take metro to town every once in a while. I hate buses and trains and much prefer taking the car - especially since everyone I worked with constantly complained about metro. But now I don’t have a good excuse - especially if we use it at non rush hour times and just for leisure. But my husband loves the metro. So we took a short ride to a commuter store in Tyson’s to get a yellow senior metro pass for me. You have to go in person to show proof of age and identity. My husband got a senior pass when we moved to DC thirteen years ago. The pass costs two dollars and then we added thirty more for fare. We probably need to consolidate all the peripheral cards we already have. Since we no longer live a block away from the metro station, there is a bus that stops right in front of our house that takes us to the metro stop just one and a half miles away. Maybe the first trip we take will be the metro bus to experience the route and see where it takes us. Luckily for us the metro train we need is on the silver, orange and blue line that takes us straight to Capitol South and our old neighborhood. I have at least three apps on my Pharmacy me to help navigate the system if we need it. Maybe the view will be more overland than underground. That might make it a little more tolerable. 














No comments:

Post a Comment