Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Collins Console Table for Plants

As with most things I study the subject matter for days before deciding on an option. Most recently the search began for a dining room chandelier which eventually took us to our favorite light store in Alexandria. Then we needed to get two counter stools for the very large peninsula that would tie the kitchen to the dining room. I found what we needed on Smart Furniture - a site that carried Connubia, a branch of Calligaris. The dining room was also in need of a sideboard of sorts, but I was envisioning a plant table that would fit the length of the monster mirror, but not reach too wide in to the space. The plan was to bring in some warmth, color and texture with flower pots and plants against the metals and glass of the mirror, chandelier and table. So that search began when I finally realized a distressed white color farm piece might be just the unexpected element for the space. After days of looking I found the perfect fit at Wayfair. The table arrived yesterday in a perfectly packed box and required no assembly. It was sturdy and looked exactly as I expected. So I went about putting the look together and still have a way to go. My husband hates the print I put on the lower shelf that essentially ties all the pieces together. We have a very different opinion about what belongs on what shelf so for now he owns the top shelf. I think we need more flowing plants and the tall items belong on the bottom. In the end the dilemma of carpet or no carpet will need to be addressed. But for now we just need to get the plants in order. What do you think - does the print stay or go?





































No comments:

Post a Comment