Friday, May 31, 2019

Library of Congress Kluge Center Program on the Middle East

It’s feels really good to visit the city we lived in for thirteen years. In fact, it feels so much better since we moved away on this two month anniversary. It’s only ten miles away, and we plan our activities around rush hour and other events that clog up the streets. Yesterday we drove in to town for a late afternoon Kluge Center program at the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress. I always like to visit there as a tourist rather than as an employee. I worked there for ten years and am very happy that I did. The building is simply beautiful and so impressive every time we see it. We were a little early and checked out a couple of the exhibits first, then went to a lovely conference room to hear about the US and the Middle East - the future of a complex relationship. I try to find programs that my husband would have more of an interest in than myself. It’s a great opportunity for an outing and maybe learn a thing or two. I’m still amazed how no one has yet seemed to master using a microphone as the sound is always so poor! But I like to go for the purpose of going so it hardly matters. It’s nice to be familiar with and be able to navigate the city comfortably. After all, it still feels like home without the hassle of living in it. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment