Monday, May 13, 2019

Vehicle Emissions Stickers Arrived

We thought we may need to make a fourth visit to the DMV. Rather than check the internet we first went to the DMV to determine what documents were needed to transfer our DC drivers licenses to Virginia and what information was required to register the car. When we returned, my husband didn’t have the right documentation to proceed, so I went ahead with getting the car registered and getting my drivers license. But because we didn’t have an emissions and safety inspection done, we only got a sticker to put on the license plate that expired in one month. The third time we went back for my husband’s drivers license. Each time the lines were long and the wait was even longer. So after we finally got the emissions and safety inspections done at a place down the street, we got the required documentation to process paperwork for the stickers. But I didn’t know what I had to do with it. So I queried the DMV and in the interim we received a notice in the mail that our car was due for the emissions and safety check. For whatever reason I wasn’t able to get the chore completed on line so I decided to just write the check and mail in the documentation by mail - something I hate to do. So after about two weeks the stickers finally arrived in the mail for a two year duration. I remember having to get stickers when we lived in the Midwest. In DC there was a sticker on the windshield and not on the license plate. DC required a lot of medical documentation after a certain age - Virginia doesn’t. I’m just glad we finally figured out all this car junk before the thirty day time limit. At least the auto insurance is lower in Virginia so there was some advantage to moving out of the city. And in the end we didn’t have to go back to the DMV hit a fourth time. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment