Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Fine Art America Highclere Castle

I have a Fine Art America website that has many digital art paintings and portraits that I painted, photographs of some of our adventures outside the country, and our Capitol Hill neighborhood. It's always a great feeling when someone purchases something that was listed, and this time it was a photograph of Highclere Castle, or Downton Abbey. I took the photo of the castle when we were in England a few years ago. When someone purchases an item from FAA, an email is sent to me, with a link to share the details of the exchange on Twitter. And oftentimes, other folks who are also on FAA comment on the item or the fact that it was sold. This selection happened to be a metal print from someone in Colorado. The best part is that I don't need to do anything more because FAA does the rest. I don't make much at all from these sales, but that's not really the point. The fact that someone likes something that I made, painted, or photographed is a humbling experience. The internet has made it possible for folks like myself to share our artwork with just about anyone, anywhere. Thanks for noticing!





No comments:

Post a Comment