Monday, May 17, 2021

52Frames Red Photo Challenge

Since gas supplies were at a premium last week we decided to stay close to the neighborhood. So that meant I needed to capture images for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge somewhere close by. I needed something “red.” The first opportunity was my husband returning home from the dentist after a tooth implant. He looked great against the red sidewalk in a shot I took from above on our balcony. The begonias in the window baskets also looked nice. Then we took a morning walk through the park and found some graffiti, a large earring, some really interesting bits of red on the wooden benches, fire hydrant, car light, and some grass clippings on a painted ladybug on a “sculpture” in front of the local library. What was interesting was a photo of my camera roll that showed all of these pictures together. That way I wouldn’t have to make a decision, but probably wouldn’t meet the “rules” of submitting only one photo. Then we were able to find gasoline later in the week so we filled the tank and took a ride to Old Town Alexandria. There were some wonderful very old crooked red doors and shutters, fire hoses, and bricks. We also just bought some flat bread from the Persian bakery that had a great red wrapping. When it got time to finally post my favorite photo before the deadline last night, I decided on the ladybug with the purple background and snippets of cut grass. I liked the contrasting colors and the sun hit the scene just right. My husband preferred the old red doors. The wooden benches also looked artistic and the fire engine red hoses looked like snake skin. My husband and I have not once agreed on which image to use. I keep thinking it should be more than just a photograph and lean to the artistic side. I also post the photos on Instagram to see which one gets the most attention. It seems that no matter how I approach it I rarely get any comments. I suppose the idea is to be occupied with the pursuit of the challenge. But once in a while it’s nice to get a little attention! 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment