Friday, May 14, 2021

Dentist and Implants

We had dental appointments set up for February 2020. We always go every six months for routine cleaning and check ups. Since we moved from Capitol Hill to northern Virginia we had to find a new dentist. So we selected someone who is not even a block away. When my mom died in February the appointment was canceled. Then came the pandemic and it’s been over a year and a half since we last visited a dentist. That’s not a good thing. This month we finally got appointments set again only after we were vaccinated. My husband has a lot of work that needs to be done. So we are taking that one step at a time. I need to have an extensive gum cleaning after having a “power wash.” She also has designs on my old fillings, but I’m not in any hurry. After having had TMJ surgery almost forty years ago I can’t stand the dentist chair. So my husband ended up with one implant this week. They needed to first pull the wobbly tooth, do a bone graft, and insert the rod. Next week he needs stitches removed and the final implant part will be placed in 3-4 months. He has had a couple of implants before - one resulting in a broken bone. So now he is on an oral mouth rinse, and antibiotics, and an Advil/Tylenol combo for pain. Each day is a little better, but it’s not something to look forward to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment