Monday, May 10, 2021

52Frames_ISO100

The weather was cooperating. It had to be a sunny day. But it was a technical photo challenge last week and it required more than the usual point and shoot with my iPhone. The challenge was to use an ISO 100 setting, and that’s not something that can be done using an iPhone. So I researched how it might be possible and investigated the Camera+ 2 app. Using the app, I could manually set the ISO mode to 100. I had used it once before for the slow shutter challenge, and hoped this would work too. So we headed off to the National Mall to see what we could find. We parked in our old Capitol Hill neighborhood and walked towards the capitol. Since we couldn’t get on to the Capitol grounds we basically had to go the long way around to the senate office buildings, down constitution Avenue, to the National Gallery of Art, back up to the reflecting pool, and then over to the US Botanic Garden. I set the manual mode and never tried to change it since I really didn’t know what I was doing. After the morning walk and photo ops were all done, I hoped at least a couple of the images turned out - I wasn’t really able to check the images while I was taking them for fear of messing up the settings. In the end I had three favorites and decided on the crisp Bartholdi fountain scene over the fountain at the National Gallery or the peony with the ants on it. Some weeks I am lucky to get one decent option. I’m not really a photographer, but I like taking photos and the 52Frames challenges have provided a focus and have made me think twice about how to get better images. It’s also a great diversion and sort of a hobby. This week the challenge is “red.” I’m not sure yet where that will take me. 































No comments:

Post a Comment