Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Scam Emails for Norton 360

Ever since I had laptops is have always had Norton Security. But since I only use iPads and iPhones these days - and the fact that my laptop stopped working with the new windows update - my need for Norton is no longer required. Norton sends emails routinely and I am familiar with their logo and typical communications. However, I received a suspicious email that said I needed to pay for a $500+ subscription - an outlandish amount that was way above what I ever paid for - and to call about any questions. I did call - and was connected to an accented person. I stated I did not want whatever service they were selling. They said I needed to go on my computer and “follow instructions” to discontinue the service. I told them I did not have a laptop or a computer and they weren’t interested anymore. I got at least two more emails on this subject from two different sources. I was BC’d and my business email was being used. I relegated all of these emails to scam, but also notifies Norton that these people were using their service and product to scam. I provided them with the email addresses and phone numbers that were listed. They said they would follow up, but I doubt if anything will happen with any of this, but it is unsettling to get these sorts of notices. Luckily I usually have my wits about me and ignore and report these scams. Some of them seem very legitimate, but so many are not. Keep your eyes open! 






No comments:

Post a Comment