Saturday, May 8, 2021

Watching NFHS Grandson Baseball Game

We went to a few little league games on Capitol Hill to watch our grandson play. Then he and the family moved away to central Virginia around middle school and we haven’t seen any since. We did get to a state wrestling tournament near Virginia Beach. We are connected to his high school on Facebook so we know when there is something scheduled. I noticed earlier in the week that there was a varsity boys baseball game on Friday at six PM. It said that it would be streaming so I waited for the time to start and nothing happened. Then I thought about other ways to get at this game. I checked out the NFHS network on line and saw that you can get a subscription for a month for $10.99. So I signed up to see at least this game. I had it on my iPad and it was really slow motion. There was no commentary and the scoreboard didn’t change. Then I thought I would try my phone instead. The video was much better, but there still was no commentary and the scoreboard didn’t change. We saw our grandson make a hit and get to first base. Then I decided it might be easier to watch it on the TV so I mirrored it on to our Apple TV - and it worked nicely. I rarely sat behind the home plate for any game when my brother was a pitcher, so it seemed odd to be in that position. My husband began providing the commentary. Our grandson played third base, and then was the catcher. He batted a run in. He has also occasionally pitched. You could call him a very versatile baseball player and overall decent athlete. He enjoys not only baseball, but wrestling and cross country. This is his last year in high school so it was worth the $10.99 to watch the game. I texted him the link and a few photos we took off of the TV. It was a fun way to spend a Friday evening. We still don’t know who won since we didn’t get to watch from the start, but it didn’t matter. 























No comments:

Post a Comment