Sunday, May 16, 2021

HBO Max App

Yes, we still have cable through Verizon. On top of that we also have Prime, Netflix, Apple TV, Brit Box and Acorn - and a free Disney for a year which we never use. We often think about disconnecting from cable, but we still like the convenience of what we are used to. And then there are the shows that my husband thinks he wants to see - and many of them are on HBO or HBO Max. So we decided to try HBO for a month to see if we really want it or need it. I ordered it through Prime. Since you can’t get HBO Max through Prime I downloaded the HBO Max app on the LG TV, alongside all the other apps. I also downloaded the app to my iPhone and iPad. I was able to sign in easily on my devices, but couldn’t get the app the work on the TV. The option to select the “Prime Video Option” as a carrier simply didn’t exist on the menu like it did for my iPhone and iPad. So until I could learn more, we used my iPad and mirrored the show to the Apple TV. Well, I didn’t care for that arrangement and sent a note to HBO Max asking if they could help us to connect. The first response was the LG tv was incompatible with the HBO Max. I wrote again to say we had Apple TV. So they wrote back saying it had to be the 4th or 5th generation Apple TV. I said that’s what we had. Then they provided instructions again, this time saying what to do with the code that eventually shows up on the HBO Max app. You need to then go on line and write in the code to finally gain access, then validate your email. After a lot of time spent fooling around with the set up it finally worked. So last night we were able to watch a show on the HBO Max, on Apple TV, on the LG TV. But the shows last night and the night before were hardly worth watching. I have a feeling we won’t keep this service for very long and it wasn’t worth the effort to access it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment