Monday, May 24, 2021

52Frames_Portrait

My husband refused to participate and the crisp, clear photos of the cicadas didn’t meet the requirement of a human portrait for the 52Frames photo challenge this week. That left one subject - me. The idea was to create an environmental portrait. That meant adding elements to the image that reflected that person’s personality - or something like that. So the only things I could think of, given the limited options, was to make sure an iPad was in the frame, and something about digitalart and custom pet portraits. That approach lead to a day of difficult positioning and lighting and focusing using my iPad Pro as the camera. It was even more difficult afterwards to find something that was halfway decent. The quality of the photos was questionable, and the subject was not a happy one. I liked the idea of a mirrored reflection and half of a face. After reviewing, cropping, and recropping several photos and discussing it ad nauseum with my husband the selected image was made. It included half a face, an obvious iPad, and the hint of a custom pet portrait on the T-shirt I was wearing. I’m not very happy with this week’s challenge at all, and this is the 27th week I’ve been participating. This week is “wide angle.” I’m not sure how it will be accomplished with my iPhone, but something hopefully will pop in to my head. 













No comments:

Post a Comment