Monday, May 3, 2021

Puzzle Factory E-Puzzle Online

I spent a lot of time putting together a present for our grandson who is graduating from high school this month. As a digital artist, I wanted to put something together that had some meaning - probably more for his parents than him! When he was a youngster I wrote a book about him, illustrated the story, and self published it on Amazon. Anyway, after scouring through hard copy and digital photos of the last seventeen years, I found a favorite image for about each year and created “sketches of a grandson” - a pictorial life journey from childhood to young adult. It took a long time to create and I really liked how it turned out. But what would be the best way to preserve it? I searched the App Store for a puzzle maker that would not only allow me to make a jigsaw puzzle, but also send it on line. Since we don’t believe in hard copy items, a digital approach works the best for us and doesn’t take up any space. I couldn’t find anything that met my need. So I searched the internet and came across the website Puzzle Factory, or epuzzle, or puzzle online. It’s not exactly a jigsaw puzzle per se, but it did allow me to upload the image and create a puzzle. Once made, you can share the puzzle and change the level of difficulty. The puzzle also becomes a part of the online options for others to play if they like. Since there is no personal information on the artwork, that sounded like a reasonable option. So I sent the link via text to the graduating senior and his parents, along with the original sketch and several variations that could also be printed or uploaded. It’s hard to believe how quickly the years have passed. Doing projects like this remind you all the more. 














No comments:

Post a Comment